*Note: This deadline has now passed, but we’re always keen to hear from talented B2B copywriters and account managers. You’ll find more details on our careers page.
Job purpose: To make stuff happen – sorting the details that’ll make the company run better
- This is an 8 month contract initially, ideally becoming permanent.
- Holiday: 25 days holiday FTE – in addition to generous Christmas closing
- Key benefits (full list below): Employee Ownership Trust, healthcare plan, pension, charitable giving, volunteering, and tree planting opportunities
If you’re a seasoned plate-spinner, with experience of HR and finance processes and a knack for getting things done, you might be just the person we need to make a positive change in our business.
At Radix, we write marketing materials for many of the world’s best technology companies. We have an international reputation, and a global client base who look to us for everything from blog posts to video scripts. And over the last 14 years, we’ve built a great team to meet that demand.
That growth has brought a lot of moving parts. With clients to satisfy, people to manage, and copy to write, our leadership team has a lot to keep track of. And we need a key, central figure in our business to make sure stuff gets done.
Your role is to ensure we stick to our plans, make our admin watertight, and – crucially – keep Radix as an excellent place for our people to work.
You’ll have a varied day-to-day workload, and you’ll need an eye for detail as you reliably handle everything from bookkeeping to recruitment. But more importantly, you’ll be a central point of communication, taking responsibility for key projects like managing our staff handbook, and proactively finding ways to improve our processes and systems.
While we’re busy with clients, you’ll be the one who stays focused on the jobs that’ll make Radix the business we really want to be.
The person we’re looking for: a proactive communicator, who takes responsibility
We need a proven multitasker, with broad experience across finance administration and HR, and an understanding of how businesses like ours tick. You’re a completer-finisher; you take ownership of your work, and you enjoy knowing the house is in order with the details absolutely right.
You’re as happy working autonomously with little guidance as you are delegating and calling for support when it’s needed. Either way, you’ll be the one who makes sure stuff gets done.
If you’re the kind of person who can follow a process to the letter, and then suggest ways to make the process better – before taking action to make it happen – you just might be the rare individual we need.
Make the role your own
This is a new and varied role, with scope for you to shape it, and make it your own. We’re flexible about how you deliver the hours within your week, and we’ll look to you to help define your working patterns the way that best helps you do your job well.
We think it’s important you spend some of your week in our office, but most of us are still dividing our time between the office and home so you’ll be welcome to do the same if you wish.
Initially, this is an 8-month contract, supporting the business during the Operations Director’s maternity leave. But we hope and intend that the right person will grow this role, and that it will become permanent, reporting to the Operations Director on her return.
Further details about this role
- Taking responsibility for key administrative parts of our HR, finance, and operations. For example: bookkeeping in Xero, maintaining HR files, recruitment administration, and managing suppliers
- Acting as “point person” for HR issues, ensuring policies are followed and updated
- Continuously improving our procedures and processes, establishing new ones where needed
- Leading projects like updating our staff handbook and refurbishing our office
- Booking appointments, arranging meetings, and preparing agendas to ensure key actions are timetabled and carried out
- Supporting our annual business planning and day-to-day management
The person we need:
- Commercially aware, with experience in the administrative side of finance, people management, and business operations
- Proactive and able to take initiative when it’s needed
- Motivated, positive, and eager to drive change
- Completely reliable when it comes to details
- Curious, with a habit of asking great questions
- Brilliant at building relationships and winning the confidence of colleagues
- Highly literate and numerate, taking pride in producing accurate work
- Accomplished across a variety of Microsoft Office systems
We’re a B2B technology copywriting agency – which means we take technical subjects like data analytics, cloud computing, and cybersecurity, and turn them into useful marketing content our clients’ customers actually want to read. It’s a niche industry, and we’re among the best at what we do – but only because of our talented, loyal team. Recently, we became a 100% employee-owned business, giving our people a powerful say in the way we work, as well as a share in our success. We want our company to be a brilliant employer, and a positive presence in the world.
Benefits of working at Radix:
- Employee Ownership Trust – giving you a share in our success
- Award-winning, eco-friendly waterside office location
- Clear personal development structure and training opportunities
- Charity giving nominations and paid volunteering time
- Tree planting on your behalf, with opportunities to get involved
- Generous annual leave and Christmas closing
- 3-month paid leave offered to all new parents
- 3-month sabbatical option (on half pay) after 5 years
- Staff welfare union to ensure any issues are addressed
- Ad-hoc rewards throughout the year
- Pension and private health cover, Cyclescheme and Techscheme
- A friendly, talented, and supportive team environment
Other Application Details
How to apply
If this all sounds good, please send…
- A covering email telling us what appeals most to you about this role, and why you’re a good fit for it.
- Your CV
- Apply through the Unlocking Potential Jobs platform.
- Closing Date: 08/04/2022
If we like what we read, we’ll contact you to arrange an interview call – most likely in the week commencing 11th April. (We’re genuinely sorry that we don’t have the capacity to give you individual feedback if you’re not successful.)
If you have any questions, we’ll be glad to answer them. Drop us a line at email@example.com.