A staggering amount of B2B content goes unused after it’s been produced:
- In 2013, SiriusDecisions claimed 60 to 70 percent of B2B marketing content doesn’t get used.
- While VP of Content Marketing for SAP, Michael Brenner discovered that 60% of marketing content produced for a single product had never been used.
- The Head of Marketing Operations for GE healthcare stated during a 2015 Forrester Sales Enablement forum that: “82% of the content we’ve created [has] never been used.”
- Munyaradzi Hoto, SVP of Marketing for Idio, estimated that in 2014 , $50 billion out of $272 billion spent on B2B marketing content was wasted on unused content assets.
In this episode I’m joined by Fiona Campbell-Howes, Radix’s founder, and David McGuire, Radix’s Creative Director, to examine what leads to content waste and if there’s anything you can do to stop it.
Listen now to find out:
- How a lack of review time can lead to B2B content getting benched
- Why it always seems to be the work you like most that disappears
- The effect strategy changes can have on publishing content
- Why delays gaining permission from third parties can stop publication altogether
- What editorial can do to reduce waste
- … and more
Alternatively: add our RSS to your preferred podcast player.