They are the ‘bread and butter’ of enterprise technology marketing, with 78% of business to business marketers citing them as the most effective format for generating leads.
But if that’s the case, why do so many customer case studies follow the same dry, stale format?
In this episode, Fiona and I discuss how copywriters and marketers can work together to make case studies more engaging – and even more effective as lead-generation tools.
Points covered include:
- What a typical B2B case study looks like today
- How to make case studies more engaging
- The difference between ‘bread and butter’ case studies and ‘superstar’ case studies
- Why you may need to interview more than one person
- Techniques you can borrow from journalism
Polishing your interviewing technique
For every case study, the interview is a crucial part of the process. We share tips for getting more value from interviews, including what kind of questions to ask, when to go off-topic, and how to overcome language and knowledge barriers.
(And somehow, we end up wondering if virtual presence robots might be the answer to all our case study interview problems.)
Download the episode here (right-click and “save as” to download). Or listen in the player at the top of the page.