Our final Good Copy, Bad Copy of 2020 is an extra special one. It’s our third annual Best B2B Content roundup – when we reveal what you’ve voted as the best content of the year.
And this year, through the joys of Zoom, David’s joined by an international panel of B2B marketing experts to discuss the results.
Meet our expert panel of B2B marketing all-stars
- Maureen Blandford, VP of Marketing at Community Brands, joins us all the way from Chicago
- We welcome back previous co-host and newly freelance B2B writing gunslinger, Harry Kapur
- Danfoss’s senior copywriter and content marketing consultant, Lasse Lund, shares his perspective from Denmark
- Head of Marketing for Turtl, Karla Rivershaw, brings an overview of what marketers have been publishing this year, along with her extensive knowledge of B2B marketing songs. (You’ll find more on Karla’s LinkedIn profile.)
We know we’re biased, but this year, our best content shortlist has it all. There’s brutal honesty. There’s outrage. There’s celebration. There are surprises. There are insights from industry leaders. And there’s a whole load of fantastic B2B content to talk about.
Plus, you’ll hear from our all-star panel on the B2B marketing trends that have dominated 2020, their top predictions and tips for the B2B content that could define 2021 – and why B2B content is such a level playing field.
So who have you voted the winner? You’ll have to listen to find out…
In this episode, you’ll find:
00.33 – Meet our all-star panel of B2B marketing experts
05:20 – 2020 in review: how do you make B2B content in a year like that?
12:05 – Our countdown begins: places 10-6
20:27 – We reveal places 5-2, including this year’s runner-up
44:26 – Honorary mentions: the content that didn’t quite make the top 10
46:18 – We reveal what you voted this year’s best B2B content
49:50 – Hear our panellist’s tips and predictions for B2B content in 2021
Tell us your joy, despair or outrage at the results…
How to listen
- You can download the episode here (right-click and select “Save As” to download)
- Or you can subscribe (and leave a review if you like) on Apple Podcasts
- Alternatively, add our RSS to your preferred podcast player
- And don’t forget you can follow us on Spotify
Hearty congratulations to our finalists, and a big thank you to everyone who sent in audio, nominations, or voted: Emily King, Doug Kessler, Joel Harrison, Paul Hewerdine, Giles Shorthouse, André Spiteri, Andrew Last, Eman Malik and so many more. We had an absolute blast looking through them all.
And thank you so much to the ABBA of B2B copy – our wonderful panel of experts. Maureen Blandford, Harry Kapur, Karla Rivershaw and Lasse Lund, it was great to hear your round up of the longest year ever, find out your honest opinions on our finalists, and get an idea of what’s coming up next. You should do this for a living.
Podcast editing, music, and festive sparkle by Bang and Smash.