At any point in time, B2B content marketers have an almost infinite number of strategies, formats and tactics they can use to engage their audience.
But how do you know which will have the greatest impact? Do you need to adopt different approaches at different points in the funnel? And how do you even measure the real engagement of your content assets?
In our latest episode of Good Copy, Bad Copy, David and Fiona dig into the CMI and MarketingProfs B2B Content Marketing report. They look at the different content trends marketers are using and discuss why some types of content are performing better than others.
They also recap twitter conversations with MarketingProfs’ Ann Handley, and Lisa Murton Beets and Robert Rose from the Content Marketing Institute, about the report, and what’s really stopping marketers from producing their best work.
David also speaks with analytics consultant Jake Kimpton from specialist SEO agency 3WhiteHats. They discuss why bounce rate isn’t a great metric, how you can use Google Analytics to add goals and calculate real page value, and some advanced engagement tracking tips offered by Google Analytics expert Simo Ahava.
Also discussed in this month’s episode:
- Will better data help B2B content marketers secure buy-in for better content?
- Why do so few marketers use conversations with real customers to inform content?
- Should you ever really consider bounce rate an accurate measure of performance?
We want to hear from you
We very much welcome any comments, questions and ideas on the podcast. You can send them via @radixcom on Twitter or email@example.com (you can even email us a voice memo, if you’re into that sort of thing).
Lots of ways to listen
There’s a big “play” button at the top of the page. But if you don’t fancy streaming, you have plenty of other options…
- You can download the episode here (right click and select “Save As” to download)
- Or you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here
- Alternatively, add our RSS to your preferred podcast player
- And excitingly, you can now follow us on Spotify
Have you heard our *other* podcast?
The pilot series of our B2B Content Audio Blog is nearing its climax. The idea is it’s a quick, weekly listen that’s easy to digest on a commute, or a run, or while you’re darning your socks.
Podcast editing and music by Bang and Smash