Technology and data are sometimes accused of killing creativity within B2B copywriting, but is it a wrongful conviction?
In the newest episode of Good Copy, Bad Copy, SEO expert Tom Telford from 3WhiteHats explains how search engine data can be a helpful content creation tool, and what copywriters can gain when they keep search engine optimisation in mind.
You’ll also hear Fiona and David talk about their experiences balancing data and creativity. Key discussion points include:
- What is the real killer of creativity?
- Has creativity declined since the golden age of advertising?
- Can technology help us to be more creative?
- What does SlideShare have in common with skateboarding?
Finally, Fiona introduces her newest addition to the B2B Content Hall of Fame. It’s Salesforce… for everything they’ve produced.
Thanks again to Tom for talking with us.
Links to stuff we talked about:
- The mighty Moz blog, for all things search
- Tom also recommended Ahrefs’ SEO blog
Data v creativity things:
- Here’s Shelly Lucas’s thought-provoking article
- Ian Leslie reckons Don Draper is Dead
- And the story of THAT VW Ad (turns out it was DDB, not Ogilvy after all)
Want to contact the show?
We want to hear from you. Find us on twitter at @radixcom, or email your questions, voice memos, thoughts and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to listen…
You can download the episode here (right-click and “save-as” to download). Or stream the episode in the player at the top of the page.
(Or you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here. Alternatively, add our RSS to your preferred podcast player.)
Audio editing and music by Bang and Smash.