The biggest B2B marketing news of the last 12 months? I’d like to say it was the reclassification of case studies as content by CMI and Marketing Profs – after one plucky content writing agency so eloquently called them out for dropping the format from their annual state of B2B content marketing report.
I’d like to say that… but in truth, the forces at play in B2B marketing this year have been even bigger than our ego. We’ve seen:
- The triumph of quality over quantity (for now)
- A battle between data-driven content and creativity
- A new willingness to invest in deeper, longer form content
And with business-to-business content continuing to evolve, whether it’s through technology (here’s looking at you, VR) or legislation (“Give me a G! Give me a D! Give me a P! Give me an R! Give me a massive new challenge for technology to solve!”) 2018 is shaping up to be even more “exciting” than 2017.
Join Fiona, David and I as we discuss the big surprises of the past year in B2B copywriting and marketing, as well as what we really, really hope to see in 2018.
Listen now to discover:
- How global politics impacted agencies everywhere in 2017
- What’s going to replace B2B ebooks
- How account-based marketing could all go Pete Tong
- What the current increase in blog lengths really means
- Why VR fits so naturally in the bottom of the funnel
- …and more
Plus we’ve got expert insights from:
Evelyn van Kelle (SIG)
How to listen >>
You can download the episode here (right-click and “save-as” to download). Or stream the episode in the player at the top of the page.