This month’s episode of Good Copy, Bad Copy is about how to write Account-Based Marketing (ABM) content that sticks.
I’ve been in this B2B technology copywriting business for a few years now, and I can think of few approaches that have flourished in that time as much as ABM. Everybody is doing it, and it’s easy to see why: when it works, it *really* works.
But that also means ABM content needs to work harder than ever to make an impression. And that’s why we’re delighted to have Rhiannon Blackwell, head of ABM for Europe at Accenture, join us to share her expert insights into what content actually works.
Plus, senior copywriter Katy shares a 20-second writing tip, and a CX Manager takes on the Anonymous Five.
“ABM is for life. Not just for Christmas.”
Those are the first words you’ll hear from Rhiannon in this month’s episode. (Sure, it’s March, but it’s the sentiment that counts.) You see, the meteoric rise of ABM is more than just another fad; it’s arguably the future of B2B marketing.
But how do you do it well?
Drawing on years of experience, Rhiannon tells us:
- How to get people to listen to *you* and not just see your ABM content as the output of a faceless brand
- Why your clients must recognise themselves in your ABM content – and the importance of applying personal insights
- What effective ABM content really looks like and why you should never tell your audience how to suck eggs
In this episode, you’ll find…
02.30 – An expert’s view on ABM content: our interview with Rhiannon Blackwell
22.30 – George and David discuss the interview and how George’s ABM experiences compare
34.30 – The LinkedIn and Propolis communities share their own ABM challenges
45.25 – The Anonymous Five: a Customer Experience Manager talks job misconceptions and reveals why generational stereotypes are rarely helpful
Anything you loved in this episode?
Should you want to share the mic (albeit remotely) with David on a future episode, send us a voice memo with your comment, question, or 20-second writing tip.
How to listen:
- You can download the episode here (right-click and select “Save As” to download)
- Or you can subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Alternatively, add our RSS to your preferred podcast player
- And don’t forget you can follow us on Spotify
A huge thanks to Rhiannon Blackwell for joining us despite being on the cusp of maternity leave (and congratulations on the arrival of baby Ivor!).
And of course, we’re indebted to our mystery CX Manager (we’ve made a donation to the Myton hospices on your behalf), and to Katy for supplying our inaugural copywriting tip of the month.
Podcast editing and music by Bang and Smash.