Why is it so important for designers and copywriters to work together?
More than ever, today’s B2B copywriters need to work closely with designers in order to meet the demands of enterprise marketing campaigns. The explosion in the use of design in traditional formats – white papers, case studies – and the increased use of visually-led content – infographics, comics – has seen the relationship between copy and design become far more involved.
Fiona and I are joined by designer Tim Hendy to explore this changing relationship between design and copy – and in particular:
- How the use of external copywriters affects the design process
- The risks involved if copywriters and designers can’t work together effectively
- Designers’ frustrations with copywriters and vice versa
- Which should come first: writing or design?
- Plus: tips for how copywriters can work more effectively with designers
Download the episode here (right-click and “save as” to download). Or listen in the player at the top of the page.