Welcome to the second annual Best of B2B Content awards, as nominated and voted for by you, our esteemed audience of B2B marketers, copywriters, and everyone else who has found their way into listening to Good Copy, Bad Copy.
We’ve put together a rundown of the 17 nominations, and now we’ve had a chance to collect and count all your votes, it’s time to announce the winner.
We’ve a lot of traditions in the Radix office, particularly when it comes to the festive portion of the year. Our tree is always topped with a slightly unnerving fairy with John’s face. Matt always provides enough chocolate and sweets to give us all month-long headaches. I attempt to sew a piece of festive clothing before our end-of-year dinner (this year, I failed miserably).
The question is, how many times do you have to do something before it becomes a tradition? I’m hoping it’s two, because otherwise both my dressmaking and this awards event don’t count. Yet.
So, in this soon-to-be-traditional finale, David and Fiona run down the list of your top 12 examples of content from the last year of the decade (yikes), including your 2019 Best of B2B Content winner.
You won’t get any spoilers from me – I’ll just say congratulations to all the finalists:
- ABC News Story Lab
- The Center for Advanced Defense Studies
- Danfoss Cooling
- Hectare Agritech
- Korn Ferry
- The Marketing Practice
- Wait, What? and Quartz
Want to find out who won? You’ll need to listen.
In this special countdown episode, you’ll find…
2:10 – A brief yet heartfelt apology for our broken email address
2:40 – The nominations that – sadly – didn’t make it into the top 12
4:41 – The countdown begins
24:18 – Time for the top three
28:40 – Fanfare… the winner is revealed
32:38 – A sneak preview of January’s edition, where we’ll be discussing the results of our recent survey into what gets in the way of great B2B content
Send us your thoughts, podcast-related feelings, or righteous indignation
How to listen
- You can download the episode here (right click and select “Save As” to download)
- Or you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here
- Alternatively, add our RSS to your preferred podcast player
- And don’t forget you can follow us on Spotify
Credits and resources
Thanks so much to everyone who sent us a nomination or audio: André Spiteri, Angela Cattin, Giles Shorthouse, Heather Barnett, Jon Lonsdale, Karla Rivershaw, Kerry O’Shea Gorgone, Lasse Lund, Maureen Blandford, Paul Hewerdine, and more. You rock our world.
- You can see the full list of nominations in all their glory in last month’s rundown.
- And if you’d like to compare this year’s shortlist with the best content of 2018, you can listen to last year’s podcast and read the blog, too.
- And if that’s still not enough for you, you can take a look back at our personal favourite content pieces in our B2B Content Hall of Fame.
Podcast editing and music by Bang and Smash