*Applications have now closed but we’re always looking for new talent. Find out more here.
If you’re a born multitasker, who takes pride in giving brilliant customer service, you might be just the person we need.
We’re looking for a Junior Account Manager, who’ll help us serve some of the world’s brightest technology brands, as part of a friendly, fast-moving team.
And in return, we’ll give you all the support you need to grow your career in a successful, global industry from right here in Cornwall – or working remotely, if you prefer.
At a glance: Junior Account Manager
- A proactive, customer-focused account manager with an eye for detail
- Starting salary £23,000
- Plus profit-based employee ownership trust bonus (in 2021, our team shared £21,604)
- 37.5 hours per week (we’ll also consider part-time and job share)
- Closing date: Monday 21st November
- Interviews: week commencing 5th December
- Anticipated start: 9th January 2023
Benefits of working at Radix include:
- Clear personal development structure and training opportunities
- Charity giving nominations and paid volunteering time
- Tree planting on your behalf, with opportunities to get involved
- 25 days’ paid annual leave (or equivalent), plus generous Christmas closing
- 3-month sabbatical option (on half pay) after 5 years
- Employee ownership trust with a say in company direction
- Staff welfare union to ensure any issues are addressed
- Ad-hoc rewards throughout the year
- Pension and private health cover, Cyclescheme and Techscheme
What this role involves
At Radix, we write marketing content for business-to-business technology brands around the world. You’ll be responsible for developing positive, long-term relationships with marketers at those companies – providing a responsive service and adding value – so getting the writing they need feels quick, accurate, and easy.
Working in a team with a Senior Account Manager and Account Director, you’ll handle the scheduling and project management for every writing project from your portfolio of clients. You’ll also keep an eye open for opportunities to build those relationships.
You’ll need to:
- Support the account management team, while you build your own portfolio of clients
- Take a genuine interest in your clients’ business and marketing objectives
- Advocate for your clients so they get the writing resources they need
- Work closely in a team to quote for projects, propose schemes of work, and agree the best writing team
- Inform clients of costs and agree delivery schedules
- Take responsibility for delivering projects on budget, and on time
- Attend client calls with account management colleagues, to build strong client relationships and stay abreast of the work
- Co-operate closely with the other account managers to meet deadlines for all our clients, by ensuring work is booked in efficiently
- Listen out for new opportunities with your clients and inform the senior account management team
- Keep up-to-date information in our project management system (ProWorkflow) and scheduling system
Very few of our clients are on our doorstep – and many of them are overseas. So you’ll need to be able to build strong relationships with people you may never meet in person.
Working at Radix Communications
Radix is a copywriting agency based in Penryn, Cornwall. Our base is an award-winning, eco-friendly riverside office in Penryn’s Jubilee Warehouse – and our team of 20 people choose a mix of office, remote, and hybrid working arrangements.
We work hard to be recognised among the best in the world at B2B writing. We put care, pride, and skill into every job – and it shows in our growing international client base. Our clients include many of the world’s biggest technology brands, as well as exciting niche companies and marketing agencies.
We’re also a 100% employee-owned business. Instead of shareholders, we have a trust which aims to benefit everyone who works here. It gives our people a powerful say in the company’s direction, as well as a profit-related bonus when business is good.
The person we need
You’re someone who loves building and maintaining good client relationships. You’re driven and self-motivated, resilient, professional, and unflappable under pressure. You’re a natural multitasker who takes pride in delivering excellent service to your internal team and external clients.
Importantly, you’re also a personable, confident communicator who is willing to learn and enjoys being part of a team. You understand it takes a team to deliver results for your clients, and you’re happy to coordinate that effort.
Ideally, you’ll have experience in a customer-facing role, with great written and verbal communication skills. Good attention to detail and accuracy are important too, for quoting, and you’ll enjoy seeing a project through to completion.
You’ll need to know how to use Microsoft packages and Google applications, and to be ready to pick up other systems our clients might use.
We don’t expect you to have copywriting skills or a deep knowledge of the B2B software market – but a genuine interest in the written word, or business and technology would be a definite advantage.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please send:
- Your CV
- A covering email, explaining why you’d be a good fit for the role
…to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Monday 21st November.
(We’re very sorry that we can’t offer individual feedback if you’re not successful.)